Episode 35: Going Green For Building Manufacturing Products
What You Will Learn:
- The progression of environmental protection advancements in building materials
- What is LEEDS
- The 3 nodes U.S. Green Building Council looks for in an environmentally sound building product
- How LEEDS can help your building product
- The U.S. Green Building Council Better Materials program and how it benefits you
In the latest episode of GWP’s Constructing Brands podcast, we speak with Wes Sullens, LEED Fellow at the US Green Building Council, discussing green initiatives in the building materials industry.
About Wes Sullens
Wes Sullens, LEED Fellow, leads Materials & Resources activities at the U.S. Green Building Council. Wes is responsible for the materials credits in the LEED Rating System and guides leadership criteria related to construction waste, product manufacturing, material transparency, circular economy, and embodied carbon. He has worked in the public, private and nonprofit sectors for 20 years on broad topics including energy efficiency, building codes, supply chain sustainability, and chemicals transparency.
- Website: https://www.usgbc.org
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8CnPLFOZIuDtisrPrpS4-w
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/wessullens/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/USGBC